Head of the Laboratory
Belova Olga Vladimirovna - Doctor of Biology
Graduated from the Pirogov 2-nd Moscow Medical Institute, medical-biological department, 1972; specialty - biochemistry. Since 1976 by now has been working in the laboratory of molecular immunology and biochemistry. She has evolved from a senior assistant to the head of the laboratory (in 2010).
In 1987 she defended her thesis on the topic: «Influence of T-activin on the migration of leukocytes and transmembrane potential of human peripheral blood lymphocytes», and in 2007 - a doctoral thesis on «Immunotropic drugs from the skin. Development of methods for their physico-chemical and immunobiological characteristics and clinical application perspective». In collaboration with co-workers she produced a drug for psoriasis treatment - K-activin. She has been in charge of several scientific research works, student graduate works, candidate’s dissertations. Research interests: immunology, immunology of skin and thymus, elaboration of immunotropic medical drugs, interaction of immune and nervous systems, influence of immunotropic substances on higher nervous activity, stress-protecting action of thymic peptides, role of immunotropic preparations and growth factors in cell proliferation regulation, oncology.
tel. / fax: +7 (499)-246-43-42
tel.: +7 (499)-246-42-96; +7 (499)-246-43-56; +7 (499)-246-48-83
e-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff of the Laboratory
Arion V.Ya. – doctor of biological sciences, professor, academician of RANS, chief research officer
Moskvina S.N. – candidate of biological sciences, principle research officer
Torkhovskaya T.I. – doctor of biological sciences, principle research officer
Kiseleva N.M. – doctor of biological sciences, senior research officer
Zimina I.V. – candidate of biological sciences, senior research officer
Nikitina N.A. – candidate of biological sciences, senior research officer
Kalinina A.G. – candidate of medical sciences, senior research officer
Zlenko D.V. – candidate of biological sciences, senior research officer
Novoseletskaya А.V. – candidate of biological sciences, senior research officer
Lukanidina T.A. – research officer
Kruchkova A.V. – junior research officer
Kovaleva E.V. junior research officer
Rippa A.L, junior research officer
Myagkova E.P., junior research officer
Ivanova A.N. – principal engineer
Borisova P.Yu. – laboratory assistant
Areas of interest
Immunology: immunology of skin and thymus, immunocorrection, creation of natural immunocorrectors, immonotropic drugs, clinical immunology, thymus and stress-limiting system, interaction between immune and nervous systems, influence of immunotropic preparations on higher nervous activity, role of immunotropic preparations and growth factors in regulation of cell proliferation, oncology.
Practical aspects: several immunocorrectors were elaborated and produced in the laboratory:
- Tactivin – Thymic polypeptide medicinal preparation, manufactured in Russia, widely used in clinical practice for correction of human and animal immune system defects.
- K-activin – preparation, isolated from porcine skin, which showed positive effect in psoriasis treatment.
- Ribotan – preparation, used in veterinary for treatment of infectious diseases.
- Phitim - a substitute for tea, herbal remedy, produced from plant raw materials. Improves immune system activity and prevents disbacteriosis.
Tactivin is patented in Russia and abroad. The other mentioned above immunotropic preparations were patented in Russia.
- Noninvasive method for immunodeficiency state determining, which has no analogues, has been worked out in the laboratory and patented. Methods of isolation and purification of immunotropic preparations from thymus and skin were also patented.
- Functional heterogeneity of thymic peptides was proved.
- It was shown that decrease of thymus functional activity leads to the immune system imbalance, which can be restored by immunotropic thymic medicinal preparation tactivin.
- It was revealed that K-activin, preparation isolated from porcine skin, shows the effect similar to thymic peptides: it increases serum thymic activity and stimulates T cell maturation. Besides, K-activin stimulates B system of immunity and shows antitumour activity in experiments.
- The mechanism of K-activin action was studied: it inhibits proliferation and stimulated differentiation of keratinocytes, increases serum thymic activity and stimulates T cell maturation.
- Nootropic, antidepressing and stress-limiting effects of peptides, composing tactivin, were found out.
- Molecular mechanisms of tactivin action on various structures of brain in normal and stress states are studied.
- The possibility of preventing negative effects of stress on the organism with the help of tactivin, indicating its prophylactic action, was confirmed.
- The thymus role in the mechanism of action of stress-limiting system was proved.
The research officers of the laboratory have published more than 650 articles, made about 40 inventions and got patents on them. The method of tactivin production has been patented in 11 foreign countries, among them, USA, Great Britain, Canada, France.
7 doctors of medicine, 1 doctor of biology, 34 candidates of medicine and biology have been trained in the laboratory.
In 2009 the laboratory of biochemistry and autoanalysis joined the laboratory of molecular immunology
Laboratory is equipped by the facilities for elaboration and production of immunotropical preparations form animal tissues and organs, as well as for carrying out of immunobiological and physico-chemical analysis of these preparations: centrifuges, systems for liquid chromatography and high-performance liquid chromatography, freeze drying system, homogenizers, analytical and technical scales, thermostats, etc.
Inter-institutional and international scientific contacts
M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State Uuniversity; N.K. Koltsov Institute of Developmental Biology RAN, Peoples' Friendship University of Russia; N.I. Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University, M.M. Shemyakin & Yu.A. Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, FGBUN “GNC Institute of Immunology” FMBA of Russia; N.N. Blokhin Russian Cancer Research Center RAMN; Institute of Immunology (Mexico).
1. Belova О.V., Sergienko V.I., Arion V.Ya., Lukanidina T.A., Zimina I.V., Moskvina S.N., Borisenko G.G. Method for producing substances affecting proliferation of human epidermoid carcinoma A431 cells. Patent number 2481113. Registered in the State Register of Inventions of Russia May 10, 2013.
2. Belova О.V., Sergienko V.I., Arion V.Ya., Lukanidina T.A., Moskvina S.N., Zimina I.V, Borisenko G.G., Lutsenko G.V., Grechihina M.V., Kovaleva E.V., Kluchnikova G.I. Study of the effect of pig skin fractions on proliferation of э human epidermoid carcinoma A431 cells. Bull. Exper. biol. med., 2013, (in press).
3. Belova О.V., Torhovskaya Т.I., Nikitina N.А. Immunologic function of skin: what's new? Russian Journal of Immunology, 2013, (forthcoming).
4. Novoseletskaya A.V., Kiseleva N.M., Inozemtsev A.N., Zimina I.V, Belova O.V., Bistrova O.V., Arion V.Ya. Influence of polypeptide thymus preparation (taktivin) on the content of stimulating and inhibitory amino acids in rat brain structures. Russian Journal of Immunology. - 2012. – Vol.. 6 (15), № 4. - 395 - 398.
5. Belova О.V., Arion V.Ya., Smirnova Z.S., Borisova L.M., Kiseleva M.P., Lukanidina T.A., Zimina I.V., Moskvina S.N. Antitumour activity of preparation from skin K-activin. Russian Biotherapeutical Journa, 2011, v. 10, №1, 8.
6. Inozemtsev A.N., Bokieva S.B., Kruchkova A.V., Kiseleva N.M., Belova O.V., Zimina I.V, Belova O.V., Moskvina S.N., Zimina I.V., Arion V.Ya. Immunotropic preparation tactivin counteracts neurotoxical effect of . Russian Journal of Immunology, 2011, v. 5(14), № 3–4, 274-278.
7. Kuzmenko L,G., Bistrova O.V., Zimina I.V., Pushko L.V., Moskvina S.N., Kiseleva N.M., Arion V.Ya. Functional state of thymus in premature newborns and their mothers. G.N. Speransky Journal of Pediatry, 2011, v.90 (1), . 8-13.
8. Novoseletskaya A.V., Kiseleva N.M., Zimina I.V, Belova O.V., Kozlov I.G., Arion V.Ya. Inozemtsev A.N. Stress-protection activity of tactivin. In «Fundamental and applied problems of stress». Vitebsk «P.M. Masherov VGU», 2011, 231-233.
9. Novoseletskaya A.V., Kiseleva N.M., Inozemtsev A.N., Belova O.V., Zimina I.V, Arion V.Ya. Mnemotropic effect of thymus immunocorrecting preparation tactivin. Allergology and immunology, 2011, v. 12, № 3, 255-257.
10. Kalinina A.G. Toxicity of alcohol and alcoholic beverages. In «Alcoholism». Manual for therapeutics . MIA, Moscow, 2011, 185-197.
11. Belova O.V., Arion V.Ya., Lopuchin Yu.M., Martinov A.K., Artemkina I.V., Korotkova M.N., Orlova V.F., Skoptsova C.V. Immunobiological active substances, isolated from skin. Herald of the RAMN, 2010, №6, 8-12.
12. Torkhovskaya Т.I., Arion V.Ya., Ipatova O.M., Zimina I.V., Nikitina N.N., Kochetova M.M., Kluchnikova J.I. The role of phospholipids in regulation of immune processes. Efferent and physico-chemical medicine, 2010, №2, 13-19.
13. Arion V.Ya., Belova O.V., Lukanidina T.A., Moskvina S.N., Zimina I.V., Krotova S.B., Gusev S.A., Borisenko G.G., Sergienko V.I. Development of a method for production of the skin factor, inhibiting epidermoid human carcinoma cells А431 growth. Allergology and immunology, 2009, v.10, №3, .363-364.
14. Belova O.V. Immunological disorders in psoriasis. Russian Journal of Immunology, 2009, v. 3 (12), № 2, 121-138.
15. Belova O.V., Arion V.Ya., Sergienko V.I. Role of cytokines in immune function of skin. Immunology, allergology, infectology, 2008, № 1, 41-55.
16. Belova O.V., Arion V.Ya., Zimina I.V., Lukanidina T.A., Krotova S.B., Sysoeva O.B., Tretyakov V.A. New features of immunotropic preparations from porcine skin. Bulletin of experimental biology and medicine, 2007, supplement 2, 104-108
17. Arion V.Ya, Zimina I.V., Moskvina S.N., Bistrova O.V. Tactivin – natural immunocorrector. Clinical application. Immunology, allergology, infectology, 2007, №4, 11-26.